Michigan Tea Party Websites:
Q: Do you think the country should have $787 billion to try and re-stimulate the economy?
A: Spent? No. Printed? Heck no. We can't spend our way to prosperity.
Q: Are there any particular places you think that money should be going?
A: Cut taxes. Give all business a 3-month break from payroll taxes. Force credit card companies to lower interest rates for everyone.
Q: Likewise, are there any particular places you think that the money shouldn't be going?
A: It should not be going anywhere that isn't allowed by the Constitution- which is very limiting.
Q: Between the House version and the Senate version, are there any huge discrepancies that you agree or disagree with?
A: Hmm.... none of them read the bill. I skimmed it and found very little I did agree with. We need to fund our military. Beyond that, most if it was not helpful at all.
Q: Is Michigan taking their full allotment of the aide? If not, why?
A: I don't know. If I had a choice, our School District would turn the money down. Michigan should turn it down and fix this ourselves; but we will take every penny. Granholm even offered to take the money other states turned down.
Q: Were there any ideas in the works to generate more money for Michigan that might not have to be carried through now?
A: No idea. It is all a political game. The banks seem to be regretting taking the cash. I am sure GM leadership is too.
Q: What is your background in this particular area dealing with the group you are currently organizing?
A: I am like you, an American. I pay attention and have read the Constitution. Most of this is common sense. You have to balance your checkbook. If there is no money left, you don't get to go print more. The government shouldn't either. Congress should cut their own salaries down to $1 for the next 5-years. That will help weed out most of them fast. Folks are fed up. Our government is too big. They don't do much, if anything, well. Picture this- if you went into a restaurant and the service was slow, the food was awful and and the manager indignant in response to your concerns, would you want that restaurant to become a chain? The only way our country will recover is by We the People taking care of our families and our communities.
Q: Do you have any goals for the organization or things would would like to see accomplished through the group?
1. Everyone needs to read the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.
2. We need to hold our elected officials accountable. If they vote to raise taxes, spend more money, or print more cash- vote them out!
3. This second American revolution will be one of ideas. It will be one of will. We need to put pressure on Washington and Lansing to do the right thing. Get out of our wallets and get their budgets in line.
4. We also want people to pay attention. Don't accept handouts and when possible, don't do business with anything the government owns, subsidizes or is bailing out. We can speak with our voice and our money. We don't owe the government anything. They work for We the People.
5. We need to take responsibility to help our neighbors. Folks turn to the government because they don't think anyone else can or will help. We need to be part of that solution, too.
Q: Any current progress the group is making toward reaching these goals?
A: We are working on building networks within the state using a lot of new media. We will be handing out copies of the Constitution on April 15th.
The 15th will be about all of these goals.
Q: What tactics are you using in order to influence state public policy?
A: We need 1,000 groups to bloom. All of these groups need to pressure their elected officials. Again, this is a revolution of ideas. We need to let our voices be heard.
Q: What opponents do your currently face or are there other important challenges you face?
A: There is nothing that can stop We the People. There is a fire that burns in the souls of all of us that longs for liberty. We need to fan that flame and folks will step up.
Q: Have some of your opinions on certain policies changed since you began to be interested in the organizaion?
A: No. This isn't rocket science, although they want you to think it is. Either they are spending our money wisely or they aren't. Either they are reading bills before they vote or they are not.
Here are some videos from the Tea Party: